1. I'm going to an (anti-) banned book party tonight!
2. It's my son's adoption day today! :o)
3. My son is home from boarding school, along with a super-nice friend.
4. I got a royalty check! (It's not much but it's more than zero!)
5. MOCKINGBIRD was nominated for the Cybils (wow!).
1. I'm grateful for a wonderful book tour! I'm happy that I had my daughter's company, saw friends, and met many wonderful people.
2. I feel guilty that I haven't yet sent thank you notes to the above friends and many wonderful people.
3. I just wrote the jacket flap for my latest book. It sucks. I will think on it more and try again.
4. I have a book signing tomorrow!! Over the Moon -- it's the cutest new indie in Crozet, VA.
5. My son is out trying to catch me some catfish for dinner. I love that dude, even if he doesn't catch any fish.
1. First born got his permit today -- wow!
2. Love my new writing class -- what great students!
3. Second born is sleeping out in the tent by herself tonight. Well, along with the dog and a big supply of biscuits.
4. Feeling inspired to write, write, write!
5. Got to spend the day with wonderful friends from way back. Sigh.
1. Really enjoying FALLING IN by Frances O'Roark Dowell. So did not want to read the fantasy. Lesson learned: Open that mind.
2. Why is it that when your child takes drivers ed, you start doing things like swerving, running red lights, hitting curbs, driving up on curbs . . . am I just trying to make him feel better?
3. DH is buying me the new iPhone so I have video and much better photo ability. I'm happy about those features, still unaware of the other 999. Otherwise, it's my usual question for cars & electronics: What color is it?
4. New iPhone is for MOCKINGBIRD Tour of the South so I can blog as I go. Can't wait!
5. Still thinking about Sainsbury's lemon tarts, thanks to Jama! The gluten free lemon cookies are holding me over . . . for now.
1. MOCKINGBIRD is being picked up by Scholastic --yay! It'll be out January next year.
2. My flute is in the shop because I haven't played it since I was a teenager. In 2 weeks, I start flute lessons. There. I said it. Now I can't back out.
3. Mother / daughter trip to deep South is in the making . . . maybe Harper Lee's home town???
What should we not miss in Alabama and Mizzz-ippi?
4. Finished teaching my first writing class last night. What a great group of adults! Can't wait to start again.
5. Must wake son for his exam. Shout upstairs. Then pour in coffee. Repeat.
1. It's my anniversary -- woo hoo!
2. My son got accepted to a wonderful school which I think will be very good for him -- yay!
3. I actually wrote today -- wow!
4. I think Google Earth is way too fun because it keeps me from doing more of #3, above.
5. There is NO good chocolate in this house so now I must leave to make an emergency run to the store.
I'd like to invite anyone who can make it to HOORAY FOR BOOKS in Alexandria, VA on Saturday, April 17th @ 1 pm for my book launch.
If people can go out for tapas, or whatever, afterwards, that would be fun, too!
Hope to see some of you there,